(my reply follows quote)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Mikael Jolkkonen wrote:

> Does anyone know a good way of preventing the modern Finder from
> converting icons during copy and paste? I'd really like a control panel
> that lets me tell the Finder how it should handle the icons.
>
> If not, do you have any suggestions for an application that elegantly
> (more elegantly than ResEdit) copies custom icons from one file, folder
> or volume to another _without_ converting them_? I can create new,
> empty folders with "classic" custom icons using the excellent program
> Icon Collector 1.1.1, but surely there must be other utilities? Or am I
> the only one who thinks that this is a problem?

No, not the only one... but I don't now the answer- but I'm trying out
Graphic Converter 4.1 (68k) (current 68k shareware :) !) and it seems to
me one can save resources from file to file with it?? Maybe someone who
actually knows how to use it can say if this is so, and applicable for
your purpose...
FWIW,
scb
--
Scott Barber
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
                                             - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.