On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 10:11 PM, the pickle wrote:

> At 22:00 +0100 on 16/04/02, Mark Benson wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 05:05 PM, Eagle wrote:
>>
>>> Could you not use a counter IC to drive the coils in turn?
>>
>> Yeh, that's how my dad used to build them. I have no idea when it comes
>> to electronics, I fit into that gap in between electronics and
>> programming....
>
> And then there's the whole "Well, this *was* just supposed to be a cheap
> way to build a supplemental fan to put the motor to use" thing.

A bit of punched board, a 4 channel timer and a scrap fan won't exactly
kill you, I was actually indicating it'd be a great high volume (high
noise!!) fan, maybe we could make it kick in on a thermostat, my dad can
do a circuit for that off the top of his head. He once made me a circuit
that allowed me to turn on a motor by dipping a thermistor probe into a
cup of coffee :). I think he'd be glad to turn his hand to a timer
circuit and a thermal switch for my fan, it'd probably just be simple
12VDC electronics and MAN would the fan shift some air ;). I'd make for
the best Apple server yet, a silent server with an TiBook style
emergency fan :).

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central