This battered and rusty LCIII has more than one problem, in fact it
has many (not least only having 8MB RAM). One is that both the
vertical clips that hold the logic board in have snapped clean off
(disappointingly, making the lower chassis useless). So how the Sam
Hill do I stop the logic board from sliding back into the machine? I
solved this on my other LCIII machine by putting a cork shim between
the fan and the front of the logic board. That one still has it's
clips but they are damaged. If I did that in this one I'd be putting
all the pressure on one small part of the board and fan and may
damaged it. Another is that the fan is jamming on power up. It often
needs a gentle tap to get it going, making it hard to use this as a
closed-case machine. Any suggestions?
Mark Benson
Any spelling errors are attributed to PEBKAC

SilValleyPirate - AIM
silicon_valley_pirate_uk - Yahoo!

Visit Flat Pack Macs Online:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>