>From: the pickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: iCab 2.8
>
>At 12:51 -0400 on 08/06/02, rlf9 wrote:
>
>>Gee, mine launched just now in 9 seconds, about the same as usual. What
>>machine are you using it in, anyway? Thirty seconds????
>
>Anything from a G3/266 on down.

That's awful. Let's see, with 6 other apps running (including iCab), my
PB2400/G3-320 (8.6) gets Mozilla's browser window open in...uh oh...20
sec. Not so hot at sharing cpu time I guess. Maybe that's where the
difference comes in. Quitting iCab, trying it again...still about 20 sec
with 5 other apps running. But in my WallSt (now on the fritz with power
problems), 'Zilla was been terrific. Gotta admit that iCab seems more
appropriate for the comparatively tiny screen size of the Comet. Maybe I
should try it in the CC/PPC too...

That unseemly delay between the Mozilla splash screen's disappearance and
the browser window's opening--about 8-9 seconds on this Comet? They will,
I hope, fix that before long.

BTW, anyone know why iCab lists two copies of the QT plugin when I have
but one?

Bob F