Hi There,

I am trying to find answers about my IIci.  I want to get it up and
running, and utilize it as an email server on my home network.  I
also have a functioning IIsi, a non functioning IIsi, a 7200/90, a
Duo230 and DuoDock, a 7500 with a Crscendo G3 card in it, a Qudra 605
and lots of SCSI HD's, phone net connector boxes and a couple of
ethernet cards (for the IIsi, I need one for my IIci)  So I have
plans for all these machines, but the IIci is where I'm stuck.

When I boot the machine I get the chime of death, and I can't figure
out why.  The cache card is securely seated, the ROM switch is
correctly jumped (I think), the RAM is all good (pretty sure, buy
I've tried swapping it out and no change), the HD is good, I can't
figure it out?!

I should mention that the machine was working when I aquired it a
month ago.  I brought it home, hooked it up and it powered up and
gave me system 7.1 with installs of Photoshop 3 and Illustrator 6,
QuarkXpress and some other decidedly mac software.  I moved some
stuff around, archived the HD to zip disks, then pulled it out and
put in a bigger 80meg drive.  This drive has 7.5.5 on it and it
booted once fine.  The second time I powered up I got the chime of
death and that has been the story since.  What the heck happened?  I
have tried everything I know how to do and nothing has changed.

If anybody knows what I can do to get my awesome NuBus machine
working again, please help.  I really want to put this old machine
back into service.  It would break my heart to part it out or sell it.

Thanks for any help!
--
Jason Trunzo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

5409 25th Avenue South
Gulfport, FL  33707

brief messages may be sent to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name:      jason0trunzo
Web Site:  http://home.ozline.net/jktrunzo/