Made the golden mistake to changing to things at once... now I have a 32Mb
SE/30 with ethernet. Sweet. Thank you for everyone's help.

I have to say that, once the card was FPU-less and not holding back bootup,
it was a doodle to configure - as soon as I checked the Network Control
Panel the EtherTalk option was there - no hunting down for some esoteric
driver for a card I don't even know the name off. Why are peripherals like
this anymore... I have a Nubus ethernet card and a RasterOps Painboard Li in
my IIfx and despite having installed System 7.53, System 6, A/UX and now
MacOS 7.6.1 after clean wipes each time both cards always work.... just as
well, cuz RasterOps doesn't exist anymore! As far as I can tell the
Paintboards drivers are in ROM or Flash ROM... surely this is much better
solution for add on cards, rather than discs that just get lost.

Ben.
One Happy SE/30 owner....