>Hi, I have 3 LCs and 1 LCII motherboards, and I can't seen to get them
>working.
>Or should I say show up on the monitor.
>It sounds like it is booting off the HDD.
>If I put a boot floppy in, it sounds like it is booting off the floppy.
>But I see nothing on an old 12" RGB, and a 12" or 13" high res. RGB.
>What monitor are these supposed to use?
>johnsn

Don't know if this will help, but I have had some problems booting my
older Macs with certain monitors. I couldn't get an apple multi-scan
14" to kick on once (the power light would just blink while the
computer sounded like it was booting), and I had trouble with a Color
Plus 14" too.   What I did to get it working was insert a boot disk,
cable up the monitor correctly, and hold down the shift key (to
disable extensions) while I boot.  For some un-explainable reason
this will get my monitors working.  Then I did a clean install of the
system software (once everything was up & running)  and never had the
problem again.  I have used this same procedure on two different
machines, on a 6115cd Performa, and on a IIsi, in combination with
the monitors listed above.  I assume that the system disk has generic
extensions that enable the video feed to most monitors, but I really
don't know.  Maybe someone out there can solve this riddle as well as
yours.  I think the LC's and IIsi's video is similar, but again I
really don't know.  Anybody out there have the answers?

--
Jason Trunzo

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brief messages may be sent to:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM:  jason0trunzo
Web Site:  http://home.ozline.net/jktrunzo/