> Methinks that the password protection has messed with the driver on the
HD.
> MyEverything 1.1.1 control panel has an option for using MtEverthing's
> built-in driver to mount drives.

Good news - Now have the thing connected to my big Mac. Seems the floppy
drive is dodgey, keeping a light pressure on the edge holds back the
constant errors. Another thing to go on the shopping list...

Anyway, Mt Everything CAN'T see the drive. At all. Normally a troublesome
drive will stil show on it's ID, and, as you said, Mt Everything can use its
own driver to mount it. But where not having any of it here. I've also tried
Lido and that can see ID0 either. I'm going to try SCSI Probe, but in the
mean time, can someone suggest an "aggressive" format utility that seeks and
destroys anything on the SCSI bus?

This might sound dumb, but would waving a strong magnetic source over the
physical disk erase the driver and password protection, or just ruin the
drive?

Ben.