----------
>From: "Snook, John R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
>Subject: Re: LC again
>Date: Wed, Jul 3, 2002, 9:53 AM
>

>> <No. SE701-bigF disk works only in SE.
>> <There are several Apple boot disks that will work with LC at:
>> <http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/bootdisks.html>
>> <Gamba
>> <http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2>
>> I went there, got lost, gave up!
>> I guess you have to assume I know nothing. Because I don't.
>> johnsn
> <Go back, John. Get the one for a System 7.1 Disk Tools downloaded into your
> <machine.
> <Get back to me.
> <Jeff
>
> Ok, I did that.
> johnsn

Make a 1.4MB floppy of it. Stick it into your LC. If it fails to read
you gotta pull and clean the drive. (Assuming the cable's connected).
Or get another one.

To test it impatiently, (my favorite way), get a drive from another 68k
Mac and take the top off the LC, hook it into the motherboard and try that
floppy again.

No response? I think it's the drive in the Machine you're using to make the
floppies with. Unless you get a black screen and a sad Mac. THEN, my friend
there's a problem with the source file, off the 'net, or the Mac making the
floppy's a mess.

Jeff