--- Hardy Menagh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The label says "45 MB Removable Hard Disk" and
> "Ehman  Quality Macintosh
> Peripherals Since 1985" which, I'm guessing is about
> when it was made.
> The cartridge measures 5 3/8" x 5 3/8" and has a red
> drum (Mrs.
> Torrence) in the upper right corner that you can
> turn from the underside with a screwdriver.

Sounds like a SyQuest all right. Does the drive have
a horizontal lever and a button with horizontal
grooves right in the middle below the slot? If you
open up the case and look at the numbers on the
actual drive, that will remove all doubt as to
what it is. The 44 meg is a decent drive. Even better
is the 88 meg, but some early 88 meg drives can
only read, not write, 44 meg disks. (Which IMHO
was stupid for SyQuest to ship.)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"