----------
>From: "Bill Zipprich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vintage Macs)
>Subject: Re: ...hi everybody
>Date: Fri, Aug 9, 2002, 7:28 AM
>

> Well that board is still a mystery:
>
>  Radius Risc Processor Board
>
> It has a QuickColor V.1 1991 rom on it with a large VLSI chip in a square
> socket.
>
> It has -70 rated memory chips and other kinds of chips as well.
>
> As I said earlier, there is no external connector of any kind. Just a Nubus
> connector.
>
> That's why I suspect it some type of accelerator but without a video
> connector, I'm still confused.
>
> There is something silkscreened on the card that says: ASSY 630-0035-B1
>
> On the back is says: 820-0006-C
>
> Bill Zipprich

I own a Radius 21 inch color monitor that uses BNC connectors, 3 of them,
and the standard Mac 15 pin video plug-in on the other end.

In the IIci it came with was that RISC Processor Card, a Video Spigot Card
and a Radius Precision Color Video Card.

My guess was it sped up video rendering for editing of VHS Tape to the
computer's Quicktime format. I never hooked it up. And since the Radius
video card's oscillator chip fell out and the card went kerbust, the Big Ol'
monitor's been parked outside under the clothesline awaiting inspiration.

Jeff