--- BearAZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings from Sunny Arizona!
>
> New to the list...but ya gotta start someplace!
>
> So, I'll start with the easy stuff first. I want to
> hook up my HP
> Deskwriter 660C printer to my IIcx which is running
> OS 6.0.8.
>
> Possible? Which drivers? Source for same?

You'll have to come up with PowerPrint 4.5.2 or
older. It's a software and serial to parallel cable
combination. www.strydent.com is the site, you'll
have to ask if they have any of that vintage in
stock. Otherwise your only recourse is eBay and
possibly other places that deal in older Mac stuff.
Also try the LEM Swap e-mail list. But the first
thing to do is ask Strydent what versions of
Power Print support the 660c _and_ run on a 68k Mac.
4.5.2 was the last version to support 68k.

For what it's worth, Power Print works great on the
Basilisk II Mac emulator, but the install craps out.
It has to be installed on a real Mac then copy
the printer driver and other parts over to the
emulator. (Unfortunately it doesn't support my
current Xerox Docuprint M750 hooked to my PC.)

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"