--- Cameron Kaiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Some of the tests ran on my classic Mac stable had
> rather startling results.
> For example, the Daystar PowerCentral control panel
> seems to accelerate FPU
> performance on the IIci, even with no Daystar
> hardware installed.

Apparently you had the PowerMath switch on. That
redirects any SANE math calls normally processed
by the CPU to the FPU. It works even with an 030
PowerCache that doesn't have an FPU installed.

Evidentially you wrote your benchmark to use SANE
functions.

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"