> I did ask about this on the Compacts list but got no response. I beg
> your indulgence by asking again here.
>
> This Levco MonsterMac (also Monster Mac) upgrade was installed in a 512K
> I just got and provided me with the following symptoms:
>
> Loud buzz instead of boot tone. No system tone.
>
> No ? floppy or happy Mac screen. Just blank until the finder displays.
>
> Would not boot from any system greater than 1.1
>
> It has two wires exiting from the board. One connects to an add-on
> connector on the MoBo. The other one was tied off.
>
> With the upgrade removed, the 512K behaves normally.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with the Levco MonsterMac? I'm really
> looking for the original installation/operation instructions which I
> couldn't find by Googling.
>
> Thanks very much,

Dependent on the copyright date, if any, printed on that upgrade, it may
only run system 1.1 without an init or cdev that may have originally come with
the device.

That's one of the sad and frustrating things about a find like that. As it is
with the Daystar Accelerators and certain SuperMac or Radius video cards,
they're not completely useful without the added software that make them either
recognizeable
by the system, or more complete and fully functional.

With Legacy devices such as yours, it all comes down to finding an owner of one
who HAS all the "drivers" that came with it.  Collecting and modifying of old
Macs is HUGE in Japan. Maybe a chance visit to a modifier's website there might
unearth some information?

Jeff