I've been reasonably successful getting a "new" Mac IIci together.

I got a Mac IIci, 128MB of RAM, a Daystar accelerator, and a Radis
Thunder GT graphics card.

The machine is still awfully slow running iCab.  Otherwise, the
accelerator had a huge impact on speed.

I also noticed some anomalies someone here might know something about:

When I first put in the 128MB of memory, I was greeted with a musical
scale when I powered up.

I removed all the memory and reinstalled the old memory, but only two
banks of it.  No joy, musical scale on bootup.  I had to fill the first
4 memory slots.  It worked so I put the larger SIMMs in and it booted
fine with 64MB available.  Then I put 4 more in, and it was fine then
too.  For now I'll call that an anomaly, but if anyone has ideas lemme
know.  Is there something you are supposed to do normally when upgrading
memory?

Is there no way to install an odd number of memory banks?

The system has System 7.1 installed, but it's a university machine that
was pared down, and had things like Netware installed, and some 3rd
party extension managers, etc.  Lot's of Apple software is missing.
Should I reinstall 7.1?  I saved the System folder and I'm thinking
about going ahead with that.  Heh heh... not much point in asking, eh?

I managed to find a Radius driver, but it was compressed with stuffit
5.2, and the Stuffit 5 installer says I have to have at least MacOS
7.1.1 installed.  Apple's ftp site doesn't have a 7.1-7.1.1 upgrade
that I could find.  I couldn't find it other places either.

I do have a 7.5 CD, and upgrade file for 7.5.3, but I really hate to run
that on this machine.

I tried to get printing working to CUPS on the UNIX print server, but
it's not working yet.  I need this Mac stable first.  Hopefully I'll
report on that soon.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]