On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 05:49:25PM -0800, flawed jai wrote:

> lenny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:    flawed jai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> hello,
> we'd be happy to help lowendmac, or anyone trying to save info that
> people can use.
> our archive goes back to 1996, but our success collecting large binaries
> is spotty.
> wayback searches only with urls, not keywords. so you can't search for
> 'os6', the good news is that you can search 'www.foo.com/downloads*' and

I wonder why they have this limitation. Seems like a nightly index build
would be enough to at least get file level searches.

> browse everything in that directory or lower.
> apple uses a robots.txt file to block a lot of their files in wayback,

This shouldn't matter. Turn off robot checks and ignore it. Not a good
thing to abuse all the time, but for getting the initial set of files it
shouldn't hurt them.

> but you can search for other sites (you know what sites you want).
> try it, and if there's any way we can help, just drop a note,
> archive support

This is at least a way to get files. The real hard work, I think, will
be documenting each file and what it is for.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]