>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:58:45 EST
>Subject: Re: Sherlock for 68K?
>
><<Is there anything like what Sherlock does for 68K? I hope there is=20
>something better than the search engines on the web I usually use.>>
>
>I believe Lestrade(the successor to Lazysearch) will run on 68k(see below=20
>from its ReadMe).  The company's new url is=20
><http://www.northernsoftworks.com/>  Hmmm...I see the present version on the=
>=20
>site is v.4x, for OS8,9,X.  If you want v.3.0.2, and can't find it elsewhere=
>,=20
>write me offlist.

Lestrade 3.05's ReadMe sez the same as for 3.0.2:

Installation of Lestrade is simple.  The application is distributed on a
Disk Copy disk image which can be opened with Disk Copy or Stuffit
Expander.  Just drag the Lestrade folder from the Lestrade disk to your
hard drive. Lestrade runs on any Mac II or higher and requires System 7.5
or later.  Lestrade works with Netscape, Internet Explorer, or iCab, and
can use just about any browser if Internet Config is installed and
configured.

Get it at

<ftp://ftp.ist.utl.pt/1/mac/sherlock_files/lestradeclassic.sit>

but something earlier for 7.1 would be neat to have! Unable to find
anything though through the usual ftp site searches
(www.filesearching.com, www.alltheweb.com, www.ftpfind.com).

Bob F