On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:00:50PM -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> > I'm looking for opinions on the fastest graphics card for a Mac II
> > series machine, mostly a Mac IIci.
>
> I always recommend the 8*24*GC, although it doesn't go up to 24bpp @ 1024x768
> -- but it is, IMHO, speedy. My IIsi is so much nicer with one installed.

Nah, can't handle that. I was thinking that it was slower than my Radius
24XP anyway, but I haven't actually used an 8*24*gc for many years now.

> Its chief drawback is that the acceleration control panel is glitchy under
> anything later than 7.1, and it won't work on '040s (not a problem here).

Yeah, I am likely to get an '040 or PPC upgrade in the future for at
least one of the IIci's, so I need something that can move up with the
hardware.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]