<From: Kevin Quosig
<I have an LCII from an associate that *should* be working,
<but I wonder if the video has gone south.

<On an Applevision 14" (the Apple 14" with the built-in
<speakers on the sides) the LCII displays staticy vertical
<bars.

<On an old Apple High-Res RGB 13" I get nothing...black
<screen.

<Both monitors work when hooked to a Performa 6400/200.

<The monitor cable is the same for all tests.

<Machine *sounds* like it is booting, but no way to verify.

<Any thoughts?

<Kevin Quosig
-------
My guess would be your battery is dead, or your video simm is gone.

Hook up the Apple 14".
Turn it on.
When you hear it beep, turn it off and then on quickly.
If it's the battery it should boot. Give it time.

To check the video simm open the box and look to see if there is anything in the long
simm slot. The two short ones are for ram.
If you find no video simm in your box, borrow one, put it in and go through the above
again.
Good luck.
johnsn