On 12/18/02 10:57 PM, "Yvetta Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using a black and white monitor with the 11ci and it works fine.  I was
> given a color apple monitor and when plugged in to the computer the screen
> doesn't light up. I have tried 2 of them and the same thing happens with
> each.  Is there something I need in the 11ci to make a colored monitor work?
> Or do I have 2 bad monitors.  The fellow I got it from said he tested it and
> it worked.  Thanks for any information.  Yvetta

I had the same problem with my IIsi, which uses the same onboard video
system as the IIci. The IIsi and IIci only work with "Sync-on-Green"
monitors, a more knowledgeable person such as the pickle or Gamba can
probably tell you more about this. I use an AudioVision 14, the only monitor
I could get from my school that worked besides 12" ones. If you really want
to use these monitors, then you can get a NuBus video card to run the color
monitor, plug the black and white into the built-in video port, and run two
monitors. Otherwise, you could get a monitor that meets the qualifications.
Apple's documentation for the IIsi only ists 4 monitors that it will work
with, but there are some newer or untested monitors that would work too.