At 8:47 PM -0500 on 1/17/03, Carlos wrote:
>  I ask b/c I have a couple old monitors with the BNC
>inputs and I couldn't get them to work with my PCI video cards.

carlos
--
Hi Carlos-

The Mitsubishi monitor using this cable (which has 5 leads) is
attached to an ims twin turbo 8m pci card in a Umax S900, upgraded to
a G4/450. I do all my color correction on this monitor and I'm able
to print what I see. I think the better monitors use this type of
connection-perhaps the BNC cable help make them capable of being
color balanced more accurately. I don't know if this is true but one
of the greatest monitors I've ever used or seen was the Barco. It had
a very sophisticated tuning system for color balance and distortion
control. I had six of them in the shop I ran and was able
correct/manipulate and print color images that were as seen on the
screen. This was in 96 and 97 when color management was in its
infancy. I've upgraded the S900 from a 604e/250 using sys 7.5 to a
G4/450 using 9.1 without losing the function of the monitor or card.

dan_A