On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 08:57AM, Beno M. Bequette Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>According to the Macworld Secrets book it supports the Ethernet and the
>TokenRing cards. As well as the built in Ethernet.
>
>Yes, A/ROSE it is suppose to be installed with the Ethernet or TokenRing software.

A/ROSE is the Apple Real-Time Operating System Environment. It is, as you guys say, a
manager for for Apple NuBus NICs. Apple's later NuBus Token Ring and Ethernet cards
were a simple computer on a card, run by a 68000/8MHz CPU. I have 3 and have put them
up against Asante MacCon ethernet cards and they are noticably faster, probably due to
the majority of the CPU time required being handled on the board rather than through
the computer.

--
Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny