>Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:52:12 -0500
>From: jsoderlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: CD rom???

>I have a IIci w/o CD rom Drive , I would like to know if it is possible to
>make  a IDE CD rom with it?

There are no IDE controllers for the IIci (NuBus IDE controller), so
there isn't really any way to get and IDE bus on the IIci, so the
answer is mostly 'no'.

However, there is a company that builds an IDE to SCSI bridge.  This
is a card/plate which plugs into an IDE drive and provides a SCSI
connection.  It is marketed for hard drives, but you may wish to
investigate it and see if it would work with CDROM drives.  However,
by the time you purchased one, it would be cheaper to just get a SCSI
CDROM drive.

Jeff Walther