--- Todd Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Speaking of screens...
>
> I can't find any way to take full advantage on my
> LC.  There is a knob on
> back of the monitor, but it only adjusts vertical
> size of output.  Am I missing
> something?  Where is the horizontal stretch?  In
> later models, I know there'
> s a geometry adjustment in the control panel for
> monitors, but 7.0.1 doesn'
> t have that(unless I'm blind - that is a possibility

In the early days of the Macintosh, Steve Jobs
wanted what was on screen to be exactly the same
size as the printers that were available would
print it out. That's also the reason for the sense
pin coding and limiting each size of monitor to only
one resolution. That's also the reason for not having
user controls for adjusting both horizontal and
vertical screen dimensions. You're only supposed to
adjust the vertical size so stuff that's supposed to
be round will be round. ;)

However, for a certain few Apple NuBus videocards
there
are two old utilities for increasing the resolution
displayed on certain Apple monitors. One was
MaxAppleZoom. Neither utility works with the built in
video on any Mac.

=====
Subatomic conspiracy group: The Free Mesons.
(There are very few good jokes in quantum physics.)