--- Ted Parks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the responses, which were very helpful.
>
> The 7100 is running System 7.5, the C650, OS 8.1. I
> think part of the
> problem might also be that I was running a 68K
> version of iCab on the
> 7100 because its OS wouldn't allow the PPC version
> of iCab. I think my
> first upgrade will be RAM for the 7100.

Ah. Yep, more RAM and upping the PPC to at least 8.1
will help a lot. Mac OS was still running lots of 68k
code in PPC installs in 7.5~7.6.1. The 7100 can run
9.1 but you must boot off a 9.1 CD to install.

> I was not sure of the parameters of this list,
> especially because of
> Apple's ever-widening definition of "vintage."

This list is supposed to be mainly for the 68030
desktop and all in one Macs, but we do "stray"
into the 68000, 68020 and 68040 stuff and
occaisionally
all the PPC Macs when dealing with networking them
to the 68k ones. :)

=====
Subatomic conspiracy group: The Free Mesons.
Yes, they do drink Lepton Tea. At the Absolute Zero Lounge they drink iced Lepton Tea.
They've even been to Dr. Strange's Charm School.