At 10:05 PM +0200 2/6/2003, gigi wrote:
Hì list!
Maybe this is a silly question, but one can never know...
I would like to share files between my two LC III's (OS 7.1) using the
built in port while one of the two is connected via the NIC to the ADSL
modem.
Is it feasible? Can the OS handle both? I tried many configurations, but as
I've got only one monitor I get easily messed up.
Do I just need Appleshare?
Makes "Sharing on" my Mac less secure on the network?
Thanks and Long Live PizzaBoxes!

Yes, AppleTalk and TCP/IP can be set to different interfaces.  You
would set the Internet connected LC III to use Ethernet for TCP/IP.
Both would have AppleTalk set to LocalTalk.

You can use FileSharing, part of the OS.

This won't make things insecure.  The FileSharing is only on
AppleTalk and on physically separate networks so there is no access
to the server from the Internet.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA