On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:59:24 -0600, you wrote:

>Speaking of dumpsters, I was reading a copy of 2600 magazine at B&N recently
>and found an article from a guy who found a pretty cool piece of kit in a
>dumpster.  After the posts here, I'm really intrigued.  Does anyone know of
>any typical hotspots for finding computers and such, or is it all random chance?
>
>Peace,
>Todd

You may have read my post about this earlier, but I went to the thrift
store looking for broken microwaves for a project and intercepted a
pile of 030 powered Macs.  Seven of them, mostly LC I-IIIs, a IIci,
and a II.

I think there is some right time right place element involved, but
some places are more right than others... talk to the local thrift
shops, computer shops, and non-profit organizations who get "useless"
things donated all the time.

FYI, my local dump doesn't allow "scavengers" due to insurance
reasons, although they used to.  Nothing a flashlight and some
midnight oil can't take care of... nobody guards a dump.  Since it's
only an insurance scam and is posted no trespassing/scavenging I'm
sure I wouldn't have charges pressed if I were caught doing it.  If I
got caught a second time it might be different.

Joseph