--- carolyn a atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought that the LC III could only handle 10mbs of
> memory also.  Is
> this incorrect?  I would like to add memory to an
> LCIII if it can handle more.

Easy bump to 36 megs by adding a 32 meg SIMM.
MicroMac has their BigSIMM (for a BigPRICE!) that
can bump it even higher.

The LCIII was the first "non Road Apple" LC. Pretty
much not crippled except for only having one SIMM
slot. If you put some card in the PDS, try and get
one with a 68882 FPU onboard. Unfortunately some
types of LC PDS cards were never made in a model with
an FPU. Lots of LC network cards had an FPU. A good
upgrade for speed is a 40 or 50Mhz DayStar 030
PowerCache (with FPU too) but you also have to find
the LC adapter card and there's the problem of using
the only expansion slot.

=====
"If all the young people in America were to act as you intend to act, the country
would be defenseless and easily delivered into slavery." Albert Einstein in a letter
to a pacifist, 1941.