>It seems to me that Willy knows very little about SEs.
>Because of this he has some wild ideas about what you can do with one.
>I think we should answer his questions.
>like you can't cut up a DIMM to get a SIMM.
>johnsn

Willy is asking the kind of questions one asks when one really
doesn't have a clue about a subject. This in itself is nothing to be
ashamed of. I myself for instance have started collecting vintage
radio's, so called tube radio's. I try and read the forums about
these radio's but I can't understand a word of what these other
collectors are talking about. If I would start asking questions or
make remarks I would probably say really really stupid things because
I really don't have a clue.

In this case we are talking about someone who has subscribed using a
name that reminds me of a former listmember called William Ahearn, a
guy that truly had a brain. William made some enemies and it would
not surprise me if one of these enemies wants to make William look
bad by sending messages, using the Ahearn name, about a 20 Mhz SE
that he wants to upgrade with a G3 processor and a CD drive, the lack
of cables being the biggest problem.  It's just a bit suspicious...
If a normal non-geek person gets an SE he or she will probably put it
somewhere on a table as a decorative object and would not wonder
about upgrading the thing to a G3 with cd player. He or she wouldn't
even know what a G3 is (a summit of world leaders? A mountain)? The
fact that this non-geek Willy starts talking about G3's, grinders,
ram upgrades and whatever also makes him look suspicious.

I would not be surprised when Willy is just another yahoo-name from
the likes of Nicolas, benjioak (turns up about every 6 months like an
incurable rash) or that crazy Czech.

Marten