At 20:21 -0600 on 23/03/03, Steve Conrad wrote:

>Too bad MacWeb was abandoned. It wasn't a bad little browser and it got

There's a project, though I haven't a clue of its progress, to get the MacWWW
code updated for modern browsing and written in 68K assembly for best
performance.

Marten was heading that up on the System 6 list, but I haven't heard anything
in a while.

iCab is far and away the best browser there is for 68Ks in most circumstances,
though.  Nothing else comes anywhere close.  Not MacWeb (which hasn't worked
reliably since about 1997), not Netscape (too RAM-hungry and buggy), not IE (a
piece of crap until version 5, which was PPC-only).
--

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>