>Second, since someone brought up emulation, what has the groups
>experience been with this subject. I know that several exist
>(Basilisk, Executor, SoftMac, VMac, etc) and I have read some
>reviews, but...I would still like to know what this group thinks.

I mentioned before that the reason I got those 68K Macs, the IIci and
LCs (and also the reason I'm even on this list) was because I wanted
to set-up a machine just to run all my old System 6 stuff- including
games.

And the reason I got a machine just for the purpose of running old
stuff? Because I did not find vMac to do a good enough job emulating
for me to use the old software with it.

I tried a few different revisions of vMac (although I don't think
it's reached 1.0 yet) on a few different configurations. None of them
operated without hiccups- in many cases, literal hiccups; the sound
would have odd interruptions and drop-outs, even during the startup
chime. vMac is an interesting curiosity, but not worth it if you ask
me.

To me, the only advantage vMac has over an actual physical System 6
Mac is the fact that it doesn't require any extra physical space- for
the Mac itself, for the keyboard and mouse (and the accessibility to
use them), and most of all, for the big honkin' monitor. I wound up
getting around that problem for the most part by hooking my LC, as
well as my IIci, through those adaptors I was talking about, into a
KVM switch that was meant for PCs. I now have the IIci and LC, along
with my Quadra 950 and PM6100, all hooked up to one monitor, keyboard
and mouse.