From: Kirk D. Garber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:35:43 -0800
Subject: I need a way to transfer MAC files downloaded on the PC to the
MAC so that the MAC recognizes them as something other than documents on
the other end

Full-Name: Kirk D. Garber

Subject: transferring a MAC driver file downloaded on the PC to my mac in
a form that my MAC LC II can recognize as a MAC file
Question -
I had a MAC LC II with a CD drive that worked great. When I put in a CD,
it would obediently pop up on the desktop like a floppy disk! It was
great! Unfortunately, the Mac died on me and I got rid of it and made the
horrible mistake of giving the CD drive to a friend- who promptly ripped
it out of its external housing so he could use it internally in his
Amiga. In the process, unfortunately, he broke the plug or whatever on
the inside of the housing so I couldn't use it externally anymore.

Anyway, later I got this second LC II which has (if I'm reading it right)
4M Ram on it and 8M with RamDoubler, and I have a NEC MultiSpin SCSI CD
Drive(uses caddies) and a US Robotics Sportster 28.8 Modem for Mac's, and
I would like to use the modem to get some more software(shareware) for my
MAC, but it doesn't work with the only terminal software I have on the
mac now, which is the terminal thing in Works. I have a CD full of modem
stuff that came with the modem but can't access CDs except in NU, and in
there I can't run programs, copy them, etc. The CD player works fine in
NU, but doesn't "pop up on the desktop like a floppy" like my old one
did. Anyway, I'm using OS 7.5.3 and maybe bits of 7.5.5 (I had problems
upgrading my OS- which may be my whole problem- but the Mac works great
otherwise!). I hope you can help me, I'm a PC man at heart and have been
for years, I'm just kinda playing around with this thing for a "change of
scenery", so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to Mac's. Also, I have
some kinda nice Mac software that I don't have on the PC. Now if I could
just get my hands on a MAC printer for next to nothing!

Anyway, I downloaded a driver(from the Mac Driver Museum) on my PC, but
am clueless about how to get my Mac to recognize it as a MAC file, and
where to put it. If you can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you
very much!