Greetings:

I just acquired a Mac Plus (My first computer was a Plus back in grad school)
for nostalgia's sake and fired it up. I received it with only the guarantee
that it worked. The seller knew nothing as to its configuration. On the first
power up I was greeted with the familiar beep and the flashing "?" icon. I
shut it down, found and downloaded system 6.0.8, and created a startup disk
with some 800K floppies I had. I then powered it up again, inserted the
floppy, and it started just fine (I had forgotten how long it took for the
thing to bbot from a floppy!). I then shut down, and copied Teach Text on to
the startup floppy. On the subsequent power up, the Plus spit out the floppy
and flashed the "x" icon. I tried re-inserting it several times to no avail.

I shut it down and tried turning it back on. This time after the chime the
screen flashed a Sad Mac, with this error code: 034000

What does this code mean? What might be some ways of reviving it? I don't want
to spend a lot of time on it, given that I can buy another one guaranteed
against DOA for not too much.

Is this Plus only good to become a MacQuarium, or can it be saved?

Thanks,

Fr. Rob Johansen

--

A computer without Windows is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Fr. Rob Johansen
St. Joseph, Michigan

Check out my Blog at: http://www.ThrownBack.blogspot.com