[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, I am feeling a bit uneducated right now.
I have a Mac IIsi that I am trying to configure PPP to work over the
network.
So far all I can do is get it to look for a modem which I do not have.
I have OT 1.1.1 installed and OT PPP, but still only can access a modem.
I am on comcast and am using an in-house server running win2000 server.
Appletalk seemes to be operational but cannot share files between the two
machines... the thing I am most interested in doing...

Also cannot find Internet Explorer 2.0 for the machine.
I am runnubg System 7.6.1

Can anyone relieve me of my ignorance... :(

http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/browsers.html for IE
You might update OT to 1.1.2 as 1.1.1 is regarded as buggy here. To do appletalk over ethernet you set the appletalk CP to ethernet. I've no idea what you wont PPP for as its used for dialup connections. TCP/IP control panel should be set to connect to ethernet and you fill in the rest to suit your network to access the net. Tpc doesn't have to be setup to use appletalk between two machines.

Well thats as clear as mud and I'm guessing its what you wont if you have ethernet..