John Ryan wrote:

I have a II ci which I maxed out on ram. I am in the process of installing a
4 gig IBM drive w/7.6.1 on it. Here's my problem I need to set the jumpers
so the drive will be recognized. I am not versed in the voodoo associated
with jumpers. Can someone give me a push in the right direction? There is a
legend on the drive but I can't decipher it.
All help greatly appreciated

What's the drives model number?
Will it be the only hardrive in the machine?
Hitachi Global has taken over support for ibm's drives. you might find something helpful here http://www.hgst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/pages/main?OpenDocument or http://www.hgst.com/support/index.html