My Reply follows quote. On 31/07/2003 18:14 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering whether it is possible to use DSL over Localtalk for any
>mac without ethernet (especially a Classic II and LC III). Currently I
>have an iMac using DSL directly, although I do have an unused ethernet
>router. Would LocalTalk Bridge Work? I read it can't route TCP/IP.
You would need to run something like IPNet Router on a Mac with Localtalk
ports and ethernet in order to let the Classic II get to the Internet.
You could use the same thing for the LC III, but you can get an ethnet
card for that machine rather easily. There are SCSI port devices for the
Classic II that give you an ethernet port, but, except for the "cool
factor" there is not much to be gained.

LocalTalk Bridge won't route ethernet packets as I understand it.

Ken