--- "S. Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Macintosh IIci with a bad floppy drive.
> Can I replace the SWIM for
> FDHD superdrive with a regular old PC drive?  I need
> this Mac for work, it
> integrates with the old machining programs we run.

Nope, Mac floppy drives are Mac floppy drives.
Fortunately the auto-inject 1.44M drives are quite
plentiful.

Have you tried cleaning and lubing it? The plastic
dust "protector" (more like a dust trapper) slides
off then the drive cover can be removed so you can
evict the dust bunnies and apply small amounts of
lithium grease to the obvious places where metal
slides on metal.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always
wins." Hiro Protagonist