Hi all,

I have three old Macs: Color Classic, Quadra 700 and Centris 650. All three are unable to locate their startup disks. That is, the floppy disk with blinking question mark appears. Here are some details that may help:

1) The Quadra and Centris have not been used in a while yet were working fine when I last used them. The hard drive spins up in both units.

2) The Color Classic was recently acquired through an auction. I believe that it hasn't been used in some time either. I can not tell if the hard drive spins up.

Could it possibly be dead batteries? My eMac doesn't have a floppy disk drive so I am unable to make boot disks. The other Mac in the house, Performa 580CD, is just a bit difficult to move (right now) to hook-up to the eMac. I don't really want to go to the trouble of moving it just to find out it was a dead battery.

Thanks. TK.