on 8/13/03 3:30 PM, Warren 'Llama' Ernst wrote:

>The IW2 is also very prone to paper jams and misfeeds compared to the IW1...
>
>Mailing labels are particularly prone to "unstick" themselves from their=
> backing when you roll them backwards to align the "next" sticker with the=
> "next" print job, and get stuck in the mechanism.

Never roll the labels backward is pretty much a hard-learned rule for the
ImageWriter II.

The IW II can have a LocalTalk card installed, and does both pin feed and
single sheet paper equally well. It can print color from certain programs
with the color ribbon, but not particularly well. I bought mine in 1988
and still use it (via LocalTalk).

The IW I units I've tried could only do pin feed, not single sheet. If
you get one, make sure it comes with the correct cable which can be rare.
One common Apple cable (with a picture of a printer on one end) fits but
doesn't work -- they were made to connect an IW II to an Apple II.

http://katsmacs.blogspot.com/