--- Dan Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<clip>
> No big deal. None of them endanger anyone -- until
> now. The city has
> threatened to issue an arrest warrant and fine me
> because of some broken cement,

Let me guess, you're required to have a sidewalk,
which you are then taxed for having (on property tax)
then the city expects you to maintain the sidewalk
_they_ are getting paid for.

> a storm door with no screen (we never use
> that door, but it doesn't appear to matter),

What if there was no storm door at all, or is that
also required by the city? If the storm door isn't
required, buh-bye to the door.

> some branches touching the roof,

You don't have a saw (even a hacksaw) or clippers and
a ladder? Don't know anyone that does have them
who would lend them to you?

As for arresting you, weren't debtor's prisons
outlawed in this country a long time ago? ;)

Where do you live? I'll bet I can dig up some agency
that helps in these situations. You'll not hear about
them from the city because they want their fine$.

=====
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always
wins." Hiro Protagonist