Terry Mathews wrote:

Kinda but not really.

X is the standard client-server arch with the exception that it does
everything backwards.

There are other methods of establishing an X session, but they go way beyond
the scope of this mailing list. :)

Thank you Terry. I'd have trouble explaining it.

Its nice to use Gimp, Mozilla, even plain old xterm on your mac as
if they where just another app.

You can alias the connections and launch them from the apple menu which
is great for the pure mac users in the house.

Network speed seems to be the biggest limitation. When it comes to games
and more cpu intensive operations network speed is a problem.
For things like soffice or mozilla the launch and keyboard responce time
is very good with only drop down menus and some right click (ctrl-click)
menus being slower than a proper mac app would be. If sharing a lan
using sdraw or swrite ect are lighter than using soffice

I was very surprised to find openoffice and win4lin to be working, let
alone so responsive. :) Lin4win is almost as fast a vpc without the win.image files wasting space on your mac.

So far the earlist version I have found is 5.2 which supports 020 and
above, 7.1 is the earlist OS I can run to test on I have found nothing to suggest it will run on sys6. :(