>I'm trying t o work out how to set up a 2GB HD to go into a IIci. The
>drive in question has a option to force SCSI 1 operation. Should I do
>this?
>Also it has active terminators, which can be on or off, and can supply
>the termination power, or not.
>Does the IIci supply term power to it's SCSI bus, or does the drive
>supply that?
>John

Yes the IIci supplies 5v power to the scsi, because an internal HD can't
supply it.
So set the internal HD to not supply the power.
For the active termination I'm foggy on that, so I suggest first trying it
without.
You didn't say which OS you are using, that's relevant because "With
versions of the Macintosh operating system previous to System 7.5 we
recommend making the volume sizes slightly less than 2 GB to ensure that
you do not run into any limitations."
The sad mac could be caused by an unblessed System folder.

btw, some of us are in digest mode. :-)

Gamba
<http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2>