On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 09:42 AM, Phil Beesley wrote:

The only disappointment is the mediocre Radius 8XJ video card but you can't have everything...

I like this one.

This is a card that only does 256 colors, but it will do a bundle of different resolutions up to 1152x870.

Have you got the Radius "Quick Color" extension installed (get it from Gambas site)? If not then it might seem slow, but with it I think it works really well.

The big thing (for me) is the drivers work fine with OS 6. I have two in my OS 6.0.8 Mac IIci. I have used them to drive twin 21" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 200 VGA monitors (via adaptors) for fun at work for a while. Loads of space to "six" in :-)

Back at home I normally use one to drive a Apple mono portrait. Then I get 256 grey shades - and it looks good. For mono monitors that's all you need.

John