--- "J.S. Garrison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just read the news report of the return of the
> Mattel Intellivision! 25
> games built into a console for $20. Same old 8-bit
> craphics, but look at the
> strength of the pull from all the old "stuff" we
> grew up playing with.
>
> USB and smart-cards on a TI-99A, New/old
> Intellivision.
>
> There WILL be these things for the Macs. Wait and
> see.

Well, those two all in one handheld Intellivision
games are actually Intellivision games ported to
the 8bit Nintendo Entertainment System. Why do that?
Because the company making them already had
developed a NES on a chip which is used in many
game units like that. There's one that has 76 NES
games built in plus has a Famicom cartridge port
on the bottom which can accept NES carts using a
NES to Famicom adaptor. Famicom was the original 1983
version of the console in Japan, then once it started
to fade there, Nintendo repackaged it in 1985 for
the US market while Japan got the Super Famicom.
Then once again Nintendo gave the US "sloppy seconds"
bay repackaging that as the Super Nintendo.

=====
Say hello to Juror #49. Yep, I'm on jury duty until the end of March. Gotta call in
each weekend. Fun.