This maybe olde news for you.   But for me it was/is
new news. Therefore not knowing it was old news I
shared.  And from what I seem to be hear MAC doesn't
have a real functional browser out there.

For vintage macs netscape 4.7.x and icab are pretty functional, but not really. In general older macs, wether they have 68030 or 68040 or ppc601 or ppc603 processors, do not render webpages fast enough to my taste. These machines are better suited for other tasks.

For newer Macs there is actually quite a lot of choice. IE may not be supported anymore by MS for the time being, but the current 5.1 version is very much up to date. Safari is quite good, but not as good as mozilla or camino. There is also icab and opera. icab isn't too bad. Overall I think I like mozilla the best.
In general I have the idea that web technology isn't developing as fast as five or four years ago. All the better, I like a bit of peace and quiet. We need to get to the situation of the automobile industry where it dosn'tmatter much what vehicle you purchase to drive around town or on the highway, and any brand is just good as the next, and differences can only be found in the details.

Marten

--
Vintage Macs list nanny