From: Mark Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mixing wide and narrow SCSI. Re: Stupid Seller?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:05:25 +0000

With a Jackhammer and a 10krpm Cheetah 18XL I can almost grab at 30 fps
640x480 but it drops a frame every 2 secs or so. I can easily grab
[EMAIL PROTECTED] though. I think as a noticably faster card the SEIV will
give me the extra oomph required to capture full res 30fps on the old
840av. Dunno what the Media 100 is like for output so can't say for
certain.

Have you tried fiddling the settings on the JackHammer card? The Jackhammer CP gives you a lot of options. One fellow over at Macgurus wrote that the SEIV was faster than the JackHammer in stock configuration but he was able to adjust the JackHammer to be about as fast. Also the JackHammer seems to have better compatibility overall.

Jeff Walther