On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, david wrote:

> I have a Viewsonic Perfect Flat A72f monitor that I
> want to connect to a IIsi & later to a 7200/75. I have
> a  "Universal Mac Adapter" from Viewsonic.
>
> I think I have the correct "resolution & refresh rate"
>
> 640 x 480 @ 67Hz
>
> There are also "dip" switches for "SYNC Mode"
>
> The options they give are;
>
> SEPERATE
>
> COMPOSITE
>
> SEPERATE + COMPOSITE  *
>
> SYNC ON GREEN
>
> The "SEPERATE + COMPOSITE" is listed as the default
> mode.
>
> So far the monitor just sez  "No Signal". :-(
>
> any suggestions?

        Yes.  My first suggestion is to try getting it going on the 7200
first.  In my experience, that's a less tricky task.  Once it works with
the 7200, then you know that most of the equipment works, and it's just a
matter of getting the right settings for the IIsi.
        The trick with the IIsi is that it's sync-on-green.  The built-in
video on those machines is also a little less tolerant of what monitor it
wants to be talking to, in my experience.  So, I would start with the 7200
(which knows what VGA is and should work with just a straight-through
adapter), trying to make it work at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the switches on the
adapter.  Then, once that works, change sync mode to sync-on-green and
give it a try with the IIsi.
        Incidentally, this all goes out the window if you're using an
add-on video card in the IIsi.  Then, without knowing what sort of card it
is, it's anybody's guess what it will and won't work with.

        -Seth