----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 10:51 PM
Subject: Re: startup problems on IIsi

> on 04/05/2004 11:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hey folks..
> >
> > Just wondering about a problem I've been having on my Mac IIsi.
> >
> > When I power up, I usually have to try 10 to 15 times before I
actually
> > get the newly-acquired Mac IIsi to boot.  The first 10-14 times my Mac
> > will do one of a few things:
> >
> > a) give me a sad Mac with the error code "000000F 0000001" or "000000F
> > 0000002", forcing me to restart
> > b) simply hang on the "Happy Mac" forcing me to restart
> > c) hang on the "Welcome to Macintosh." screen, forcing me to restart
> > and finally, just today, I got a new one:
> > d) a Bomb screen (before showing a happy Mac) saying there was a "bus
> > error"
>
>    What kind of RAM? Your best bet is 8 chips on each stick, not 2, 4 or
9.
> Check to see that they are the same speed, 60ns is about the fastest you
can
> get cheap, 70, and 80 work good to, 100 is the slowest, I think.
>    If you feel all is well with the RAM but still no joy, try scrubbing
the
> contacts on each RAM stick with an eraser until they shine.
>    The codes mean you have RM and Ram errors.
> x00f   x001 = The ROM checksum test failed.
> x00f   x002 = The first Small chunk of RAM to be tested failed. (should
be
> other numbers and or letters)
>
>  Were there any other numbers or letters on the screen?

Nope, no other letters or numbers on the screen. the codes were exactly as
I indicated.  I'm not sure about the type of RAM, I'll check it out.  I
*do* know that they are all indentical, though, so they'd be the same
speed.  As I just indicated in my last message, the SIMMs look brand new
and the contacts are already as shiny as shiny can be.

I will check out the chip count per stick and see if any of them say what
speed they are.

Thanks,
  Nat