On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 02:51:15PM -0400, Robert Gray wrote:
> Check it out...go to the keyboard control panel, select "Swiss
> German", and de-select "U.S."  Then go to the Kez Caps utilitz.
> )Notice that some of the kezs have changed locations_=  Donät forget
> to switch the control panel back to zour standard U.S.  :-)

Of course, things get very messy when you don't stick to ASCII.
For example: "Don't" came up as "Don\xe4t" in my text editor (vi),
while it came up as 'Don\"{a}t' (to borrow the notation for LaTeX).
I thought that "'" was part of the ASCII standard (the least
significant 7 bits), so it shouldn't make much of a difference in
an international context -- or should I say a Western European and
North American context.  Pretty much anything goes for that eight
bit, but I suppose there isn't much you can do about that since it
is doubtful that the extra 128 characters could satisfy everybody.

But I'm curious about your use of "Kez Caps utilitz".  I'm fairly
certain that the keyboard layout control panel has nothing to do
with the language.  (At least my computer never spells certain
words the proper way if I switch from US to UK, and I can switch
to CSA for my CSA keyboards and it doesn't give me French.)

Byron.