Hi Folks,

After an unsuccessful attempt at getting a Mac Plus running the OS,
AppleShare and a Word Processor all from an 800k floppy, I thought I would
upgrade to something a little more high-tech and purchased a Apple Mac IIci!

For now I just have the base unit with no keyboard, mouse or memory.
However I won an auction for an Apple LC with a 12" monitor, keyboard and
mouse (
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4128259433&ssPageName=ADME:B:BN:UK:1
 )
.  I intend to use the monitor, keyboard and mouse on the IIci, and perhaps
use the hard disk if the IIci's isn't usable.

I also picked up an Apple Personal LaserWriter LS from the same seller on
eBay (
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4128259207&ssPageName=MERC00 )
, so I can say my machine is close to being top of the range for its day!

I have a few questions before I get it up and running though :

I would like to try and upgrade the memory to the maximum of 128Mb, what
sort of memory should I be looking for?

I have also read that I can get the most out of my machine if I add an
internal NUBUS video card, again, I might as well look out for "the top of
the range" card for my machine - so what card should I be looking for?

The bottom of the case is missing the 4 rubber feet, I don't want to damage
the case leaving it on the desk so I was wondering if anyone knows where I
can get these from in the UK? Actually, if anyone on this list has any of
the parts mentioned above and are willing to sell them in the UK, please
contact me off-list so we can arrange a deal!

I am going to run System 7.5.5 on the machine and I plan to use THINKS
Pascal and ResEdit to program, but I was wondering what I could be using for
IRC, Email, Web?  In addition to this, are there any Instant Messaging
applications like ICQ, MSN or AIM for 68k based Mac's? (A pointer to a FAQ
mentioning these subjects would be great!).

And my final question of the day - what's the latest version of ClarisWorks
that will work on this machine?

Thanks,

Andrew McCall